Welcome to the City of Mason City’s Online Public Portal
APPLICATIONS - ALL PERMITS: Building (Major & Minor), Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Sign, Demolition and Rental Dwelling Unit
Please allow 48 business hours to receive an e-mail response regarding the status of your completed permit application (all permits are reviewed before accepting payments and issuing permits).
PLEASE REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION THROUGHLY FOR ANY REQUIRED SUBMITTALS. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOUR PROJECT. WE WILL ADJUST THE REQUIREMENTS DURING OUR REVIEW. YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL MATERIALS AFTER OUR INITIAL REVIEW.
This portal provides access to the current status of applications, permits and inspection requests. It also provides access to reference materials and documentation.
PLEASE PROCESS THE FOLLOWING THROUGH THIS PORTAL.
- Permits: Apply for building inspection or rental inspection permits
- Attachments: Submit electronic copies of drawings, photographs, engineering documents, etc. The permit department may need to add the submittal requirements to your permit that fits the particular job being applied for. We will do this during review of the permit. If you cannot submit your attachments electronically, please come to the Development Services Department, Third Floor of City Hall, to apply for your permit at the Building Inspections Permit Desk
- Building permit applications must be reviewed and approved first; you will be notified when payment is due.
- The fee for Rental Dwelling Permits are due at the time of application. The permit will not be processed until payment is received.
- Payments online can be made any time and are accepted by credit card with a convenience fee.
- On-site payments can be received during business hours (8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday) at the Permits Desk located on the 3rd floor of City Hall. Please bring in a copy of your invoice along with your payment (the City accepts cash, check or credit card at the Permits Desk).
- You may also mail in a check. Please include a copy of your invoice with your payment. (Checks should be made payable to the City of Mason City and mailed to 10 1st St NW, Mason City, IA 50401, c/o of Building Inspections.)
- Applications, forms, brochures, and other information can be downloaded with the Documents link below.
For other permit-related city information, please email us at email@example.com or call (641) 421-3620.
Our goal is to make business with the City easier and more efficient for our customers. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulties. Thanks for helping us to serve you better!